Pages

Wednesday, October 7, 2015

Review Time! The Artwork of Guy Erma and the Son of Empire

The Artwork of Guy Erma and the Son of Empire


          When Sally Ann Melia, author of the ‘Guy Erma and the Son of the Empire series’, contacted me through mail to ask me if I would be interested in reading a book that contained the artwork of my favourite series, I jumped at the chance. I really did love the books (there were a total of three books, two of which received near perfect rating points from me). Though the book was also very descriptive and had illustrations, there was something really appealing about reading a whole book dedicated only to the artwork.
          My first impression of the book was – it looked like the ‘behind the scenes’ images of a popular series. The artwork collections are not only a series of images. They contain anecdotes from the author, the designers and little titbits of information about the book, characters and of course illustrations from the most important themes of the book.
“Something that one can’t see, it basically doesn’t exist.”
-Boban Radovanovic, CEO, Sugarbricks.
          That is how this book starts. And this summarises the overall purpose of the book and its contents. The 58 page digital copy contains images of the characters and also the dome medallion. The stories behind how they were created were fascinating. The geometrical patterns and the overall stage by stage explanation of the design process show just how much work has gone into the book.
          This book is best enjoyed if you are reading or have read the Guy Erma and the Son of the Empire series. But if you do happen to come across this before you actually start reading the main series, there is a chance that these illustrations might just lead you to pick them up.

          I missed the illustrations about the Emperor, my least favourite character and Regent Sayginn, my most favourite character. Overall, it is a really good auxiliary book for anyone who enjoyed the series and found it tough to visualise the characters. I heartily thank the author for giving me a chance to read this book.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Not a SPAM comment! :)